One of the most common forms of accidents is burns. Whether it is a chef at work, a mother who is cooking a meal, or a boy scout who is trying to create fire, any of them can be the next victim. No one is safe from getting burnt. This is why it is important to know the first-aid treatment for it.
Here is a quick guide on how to treat burns:
- Place the affected area under cool water.
- Apply an antibiotic ointment.
- Cool compress.
- Cover the burn with sterile material.
- Take over-the-counter products, such as a pain reliever if necessary.
Before getting your needed medical supply in Lexington, North Carolina, or your local area, here are precautionary measures that you need to be aware of before treating burns:
- Do not put ice or ice water to the burn.
- Do not apply home remedies, such as oil, toothpaste, or soy sauce.
- If blisters appear, don’t burst them.
- For severe cases, first aid may not be enough, so get medical help immediately.
Treating burns can be challenging. Although first aid is an immediate resort, it is still best to consult medical professionals. They won’t only be able to efficiently assess and attend to the situation, but they can also provide helpful advice when it comes to proper wound care.
Independent Pharmacy Distributor has a wide range of medical supplies, medications, and other FDA approved product in North Carolina that will help you be prepared in times of emergency.